Thursday, March 9, 2017

ARC Review: Why Do Dukes Fall in Love? by Megan Frampton


Synopsis:

In Megan Frampton’s captivating new Dukes Behaving Badly novel, we learn the answer to the question:

Why do dukes fall in love?

Michael, the Duke of Hadlow, has the liberty of enjoying an indiscretion . . . or several. But when it comes time for him to take a proper bride, he ultimately realizes he wants only one woman: Edwina Cheltam. He’d hired her as his secretary, only to quickly discover she was sensuous and intelligent.

They embark on a passionate affair, and when she breaks it off, he accepts her decision as the logical one . . . but only at first. Then he decides to pursue her.

Michael is brilliant, single-minded, and utterly indifferent to being the talk of the ton. It’s even said his only true friend is his dog. Edwina had begged him to marry someone appropriate–—someone aristocratic . . . someone high-born . . . someone else. But the only thing more persuasive than a duke intent on seduction is one who has fallen irrevocably in love.

Add Why Do Dukes Fall in Love? to your Goodreads shelves!!!

MY REVIEW

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. 

5 out of 5 stars

Why Do Dukes Fall in Love is by far my favorite book by Megan Frampton. The story was such a sweet historical romance and I couldn't get enough of these characters! First off, I really loved Edwina. She was such a head strong and capable heroine and I especially loved that she was a mother. As for Michael, I loved him more than anything. As far as historical romance heroes go, he is definitely one of my top 5 favorite. Then on top of both just being wonderful characters, the romance in this book was absolutely perfect. I loved the fact that Edwina was Michael's secretary and that that is how their relationship began because I found it different from the typical historical romance situation. But, yeah, getting back to the romance. The love story that Megan created in this book made me feel all the things and I especially loved that once that Michael realized his feelings for Edwina that he didn't let the fact that he was a duke get in his way of being with her. But as much as I loved the romance and the characters in this book, the true highlight for me in this book was the adorable relationship between Michael and Edwina's daughter. Whether or not he realized it, Michael slipped into overprotective father mode fairly quickly when it came to the little girl and I loved reading about their interactions in the book. Overall, this book was another phenomenal book by Megan Frampton and as I said at the beginning of my review it is definitely my favorite and I'm not sure how Megan is going to be able to top this one because I loved it so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment