Monday, March 20, 2017

ARC Review: The Secret of My Seduction by Caroline Linden


Synopsis:

The final chapter in the Scandals series...

Rule #1: Be discreet

No one suspects Bathsheba Crawford of being the anonymous author of a wickedly scandalous series of naughty novels. But she is.

Rule #2: Do not fall in love

When she approaches her publisher, rakish Liam MacGregor, with an indecent proposal, he’s shocked. But he accepts.

Rules were made to be broken…

The requirements for their affair are simple: complete secrecy and no romantic attachment. But the more they see each other…the more pleasure they find in each other’s arms…the harder it becomes to remember the rules…

Add The Secret to My Seduction to your Goodreads shelves!

MY REVIEW

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Secret of My Seduction, the final installment in Caroline Linden's Scandals series was the perfect historical romance novella. I've only read one other book in this series, the full-length novel Six Degrees of Scandal, but that did not stop me from enjoying this book to the fullest. It stands-alone extremely well and was just put together so perfectly that I couldn't help but love this book. First off, the heroine and the hero in this book were EVERYTHING! Bathsheba was my favorite type of heroine in a historical romance. She was headstrong and intelligent and I loved her so much. As for Liam, it was hard not to swoon over him. He was such an alpha male in many of his interactions with Bathsheba, but at the same time he was also very sweet and watching him inevitably fall in love with Bathsheba was so wonderful. And talking about falling in love, I absolutely loved the way that the romance progressed in this book. The way everything started with Bathsheba propositioning Liam to him taking charge of their interactions was all so good! I was absolutely perfect as I stated at beginning of the review and based on how much I loved this book, you would think it was a full-length novel, but no it was only a novella and that was AMAZING. Needless to say, I highly recommend this book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment