Tuesday, May 30, 2017

REVIEW: Not in My Wildest Dreams by Jamie Hollins


Synopsis:

It really sucks to be in love with someone who sees you as nothing more than a friend. Darcy Owens knows this from personal experience. From the moment she met Sean McKenna as a shy ten-year-old, he’s owned her heart. So when he asks for her help with an important construction project, she can’t say no.

Building a boutique hotel on Boston’s waterfront is a career-making opportunity, and Sean needs Darcy’s interior design expertise. She’s incredibly talented, and there is no one he trusts more. He knows he can always count on his childhood friend, but doesn’t know why he’s thinking about her tight skirts and blue eyes instead of tight deadlines and blueprints. 

When Sean and Darcy’s excitement about their work turns into an entirely different kind of excitement, it’s a sexy surprise. But they soon realize that building a new relationship is more challenging than building a new hotel, especially when life-long habits and old insecurities create cracks in the foundation.

Add Not in My Wildest Dreams to your Goodreads shelves!

MY REVIEW

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Not in My Wildest Dreams is the first book I have read by Jamie Hollins and I got to say with just this book she has made me a fan for life! This book was really quite wonderful. I really loved everything about this book from the characters to the plot to the setting and everything else in between. How could I not love it when it's a book focused on two people falling in love with history. And anyone who follows my reviews knows just how much I love history between the hero and heroine.

Anywho, it's been a minute since I've actually read the book because it unfortunately slipped through the cracks in the overwhelming list of books I have to review, but this book was quite memorable and really left an impression on me with how great of a contemporary romance it really was. It's one of those books that I can see myself rereading again and again and I am going to just that in order to get myself ready for book three in this series, which if it's only half as good as this book will still be amazing. Needless to say, I highly recommend this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment