Thursday, April 6, 2017

ARC Review: A Limited Engagement by Bethany Michaels


Synopsis:

Getting engaged was supposed to be the easy way out…

Derek Sawyer, sexiest bad boy on the racing circuit, is about to land a huge sponsor. The only problem is the oil baron’s daughter wants to make Derek part of the deal. Worried he’ll offend the old billionaire if he rejects his daughter, Derek comes up with the perfect plan—pretend he’s already engaged to his friend Lilly.

Lilly Harmon used to daydream about her childhood crush Derek proposing to her…but not like this. Since she just lost her boyfriend and her job, and her five-year plan is drastically off track, playing pretend with Derek just might be the perfect distraction from her life.

Money. Family. Love. The truth could destroy everything. And to think this engagement was supposed to be the easy way out…

Add A Limited Engagement to your Goodreads shelves!

MY REVIEW

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

A Limited Engagement was a wonderful contemporary romance. I loved this book for so many reasons. First off, it was a fake relationship and a friends-to-lovers romance, which are two of my all-time favorite tropes. Secondly, the characters were just great. Lilly was going through a lot at the beginning of the book with her boyfriend dumping her on top of losing her job and that made her a character that I could really root for because after all the bad stuff that she had to deal with, I wanted her to finally get a win and come out on top and Derek's proposition gave her the perfect opportunity. And talking about Derek, he was definitely a romance hero that I could love. He had a lot of hang-ups about relationships among other things thanks to his strained relationship with his father, but while he was this hot shot race car driver he was actually a pretty decent and nice guy. His way of gaining a coveted sponsorship and dealing with the unwanted advances of the sponsor's daughter was a bit shady, but the situation allowed the relationship between him and Lilly to develop, so in the end it was all worth it. And talking about the relationship between Derek and Lilly it was really all types of wonderful. Anyone who knows me knows I absolutely LOVE the fake relationship trope and the fake relationship in this book is definitely one of my top faves. The situations that Lilly and Derek found themselves in as they pretended to be engaged was humorous and sweet and sexy and I absolutely could not get enough of these two. Overall, I loved this book so much. It's only the first book I've read by this author and I might have requested an ARC of this book on a whim, but given how much I loved this book, I'm definitely going to be purposefully seeking out this author's work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment