Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Release Day Blitz: The Highland Duke by Amy Jarecki



Synopsis:

Indie author Amy Jarecki makes her print debut with a brand-new series about rugged Highland lords.

She'll put her life on the line for him . . . 

When Akira Ayres finds the brawny Scot with a musket ball in his thigh, the healer has no qualms about doing whatever it takes to save his life. Even if it means fleeing with him across the Highlands to tend to his wounds while English redcoats are closing in. Though Akira is as fierce and brave as any of her clansmen, even she's intimidated by the fearsome, brutally handsome Highlander who refuses to reveal his name.

Yet she can never learn his true identity.

Geordie knows if Akira ever discovers he's the Duke of Gordon, both her life and his will be forfeit in a heartbeat. The only way to keep the lass safe is to ensure she's by his side day and night. But the longer he's with her, the harder it becomes to think of letting her go. Despite all their differences, despite the danger-he will face death itself to make her his . . . 

Purchase The Highland Duke:

Add The Highland Duke to your Goodreads shelves!


About the Author:

Amy Jarecki is a descendant of an ancient Lowland clan and adores Scotland. Though she now resides in southwest Utah, she received her MBA from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Winning multiple writing awards, she found her niche in the genre of Scottish historical romance. Amy writes steamy edge-of-your-seat action adventures with rugged men and fascinating women who weave their paths through the brutal eras of centuries past.

Find Amy Jarecki Online:

Giveaway:

MY REVIEW

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Highland Duke was an excellent historical romance! Absolutely everything about this story worked for me from the way that Akira comes upon Geordie to how their relationship develops while they are basically on the run to how all the conflicts are resolved in the end. Seriously, it was all so good and I couldn't get enough of this story. Akira was an interesting character. I don't think I've read a character such as her in any of the historical romances I've read to date, so following her character in this book was extremely refreshing. Geordie on the other hand was the type of hero that I've come to expect in the historical romances I read and that is what I loved most about his character because that meant that he was the type of hero that is not perfect by any means, but that I could still root for throughout the story.  As for the romance in the novel, I really loved the way that the author set up everything. All the life or death actions that were occurring throughout the book made the love story feel intense and passionate which basically had me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading trying to figure out how Geordie and Akira were going to get out of the mess they were in and get their HEA. But, yeah, Amy Jarecki really took me for a ride with this book and I loved every second of it. The Highland Duke is definitely one of my top five historical romance reads of 2017 so far and I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely review! I adore the paisley pattern on your blog wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete