Tuesday, March 21, 2017

ARC Review: Playing the Player by Amy Andrews


Synopsis:

All bets are off.

After a long history with crappy guys, high school teacher Em Newman is going man-vegan. Four months of revirginization has opened her eyes to her doormat imitation but, baby’s got spine now, and some smooth-talking—even if he is sinfully hot—rugby player, won’t be adding her as a notch anytime soon.

Lincoln Quinn loves rugby, women, and poker. And he likes to win at all three. When his team mates bet him he can’t break through Em’s resolve, he’s more than up for the challenge. But this lady has a shoebox of stipulations before she’ll even go on a date with him, much less use that mouth for kissing instead of giving orders.

Something’s gotta give but this time Em’s not settling. And Linc’s questioning everything he ever knew about matters of the heart.

Add Playing the Player to your Goodreads shelves!

MY REVIEW

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Playing the Player was another incredibly fun and sexy contemporary romance read. Amy Andrews has recent become one of those authors who get me really excited when they release a new book and this book was the perfect example as to why. It was in my opinion a perfect sports romance and this is coming from someone who IRL hates sports. Lol. But, yeah, I really, really loved this book! The characters where wonderful. Em was a heroine I could really get behind. I didn't agree with every decision and thing she did in this book, but she was the type of heroine that I would love to be friends with IRL life and therefore I enjoyed reading about her a lot. As for Linc, I have to admit he wasn't my favorite of this author's heroes, but that doesn't mean I didn't like him. I actually liked him quite a a lot, but I loved him especially when he was interacting with Em. The dynamic between the two of them was really fun and exciting and they both had my full attention while I was reading. The romance between them was a bit predictable, but I'm really a fan of predictable when it comes to romances like this because that means this love story ended up being exactly what I wanted it to be when I picked up this book. Overall, I LOVED this book so much! And if you're looking for a fairly lighthearted and steamy read I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment