Wednesday, February 1, 2017

ARC Review: His Best Mistake by Diane Alberts

Title: His Best Mistake

Author: Diane Alberts

Synopsis:

One night with a stranger…

Security expert Mark Matthews has loved, and lost, and has no intention of ever loving again—especially not a woman who thrives on her life being in danger. Now, hot, meaningless sex with strangers he had no intention of ever seeing again? That's a whole other story. And it's all life as a single father allows him to enjoy. But when he meets a woman who refuses to tell him her real name, the game is on, because she's everything he swore to stay away from. Daisy O'Rourke has bad idea written all over her, but he's in too deep to walk away now…


MY REVIEW

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

His Best Mistake was another outstanding addition to Diane Alberts' Shillings Agency series. The emotional and sexy romance was everything I've come to expect from this author and I loved it from beginning to end.

I really enjoyed reading about the couple in this book. Gordon and Isabelle from Seducing the Princess are still my favorite couple by this author, but Mark and Daisy are a very close second favorite for me. Daisy was a great headstrong and independent heroine and I loved that she didn't compromise the things that she wanted for Mark. As for Mark, he was another example of the type of hero that I can never get enough of in the romances I read. But as much as I loved Mark, his over-protectiveness and his refusal to 100% accept what Daisy did for a living drove me crazy because it's not like his job was 100% safe either, but yeah other than that he really was a wonderful character. 

The romance in this book was also really on point. Love stories that always begin with one-night stands between strangers who expect to never see each other again are always so much fun to read and His Best Mistake was no exception. This one was especially fun because their friends were already trying to hook them up without them being aware and that kind of made everything that happened between them feel like fate, which added to how satisfied I felt with the romance by the end of the story. And I was very satisfied with how this romance turned out.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book! It was the first book I have read by this author in a while and it did not disappoint. In fact, it renewed my love for this author's writing and now I'm itching to reread the previous books in this series and to finally get around to reading her other books. And if it wasn't obvious by my review, yes, I do highly recommend this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment