Friday, January 6, 2017

Blog Tour: Ready Set Rogue by Manda Collins



Synopsis:

When scholarly Miss Ivy Wareham receives word that she’s one of four young ladies who have inherited Lady Celeste Beauchamp’s estate with a magnificent private library, she packs her trunks straightaway. Unfortunately, Lady Celeste’s nephew, the rakish Quill Beauchamp, Marquess of Kerr, is determined to interrupt her studies one way or another...



Bequeathing Beauchamp House to four bluestockings—no matter how lovely they are to look at—is a travesty, and Quill simply won’t have it. But Lady Celeste’s death is not quite as straightforward as it first seemed…and if Quill hopes to solve the mystery behind her demise, he’ll need Ivy’s help. Along the way, he is surprised to learn that bookish Ivy stirs a passion and longing that he has never known. This rogue believes he’s finally met his match—but can Quill convince clever, skeptical Ivy that his love is no fiction?



Purchase Ready Set Rogue:

About the Author:

Manda Collins is the author of The Lords of Anarchy series, which includes Good Earl Gone Bad and A Good Rake is Hard to Find, as well as several other Regency-set romances. She spent her teen years wishing she’d been born a couple of centuries earlier, preferably in the English countryside. Time travel being what it is, she resigned herself to life with electricity and indoor plumbing, and read lots of books. When she’s not writing, she’s helping other people use books, as an academic librarian.

Find Manda Collins Online:

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Ready Set Rogue was an amazing historical romance. The story had everything I could ever want in a historical romance with great characters, a swoon-worthy love story and even a good mystery to unfold.

In regards to the characters, all the major players were wonderful. Ivy with her love of Classics and her unconforming attitude was exactly the type of heroine that I love in my historical romances. As for Quill, he was enough of a brooding hero for me to absolutely adore him. But as much as I loved the main couple of this book, the secondary characters were the highlight for me. They all really made this book a spectacular experience for me especially Daphne. 

Moving on to the romance, the love story in this book was the best. Romances that begin with misunderstandings or with the two people hating each other are always a lot of fun and this book had both and it was all so well done. That paired with the fast pace at which the relationship between Ivy and Quill develops made this romance extremely entertaining and satisfying.

And let's not forget about the murder mystery in this book. The way that everything is built up throughout the story as Ivy and Quill discover his aunt's secrets was all very thrilling and I especially loved  that the killer wasn't obvious. I suspected everybody at one point or another in the story, but I wasn't able to guess the real culprit until the very last minute right before they were revealed to the characters, so I applaud the author for that.

So, yeah, if it wasn't obvious from my gushing in this review, I highly recommend this book! Ready Set Rogue is only the first book that I have read by Manda Collins, but because of how much I loved it and the fact that even days later I still can't stop talking about it, this lovely author is now on my auto-buy author list and I will be spending my time waiting for Daphne's book trying to get my hands on this author's backlist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment