Monday, January 2, 2017

ARC Review: On Broken Wings by Chanel Cleeton

Title: On Broken Wings

Author: Chanel Cleeton

Synopsis:

The author of Into the Blue and Fly with Me returns with the newest, hot and high-flying Wild Aces romance...

A year after losing her husband, Joker, the squadron commander of the Wild Aces, Dani Peterson gets an offer from his best friend, Alex “Easy” Rogers, to help fix up her house. Dani accepts, and their friendship grows—along with an undeniable attraction.

Racked by guilt for loving his best friend’s widow, Easy’s caught between what he wants and can’t have. Until one night everything changes, and the woman who’s always held his heart ends up in his arms. Yet as Easy leaves for his next deployment, he and Dani are torn between their feelings and their loyalty to Joker’s memory.

But when Dani discovers something that sends them both into a spin, the conflicted lovers must overcome the past to navigate a future together…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

When we first found out about Easy's feelings for Dani in the first book in this series, I knew that their love story was inevitable, but at the same time I was a little worried about how Chanel was going to pull of an HEA between these two given their history and circumstances. Thankfully, I was worried for no reason because Chanel brought Easy and Dani together beautifully and flawlessly and On Broken Wings ended up being my favorite book by this author by far. The story was a sensual and emotional romance focused on two people trying to heal and move on from a tragedy that occurred earlier in the series and find away to begin a life together without feeling any type of guilt. The love story was heartwrenching and heartwarming and made me feel all the things. Easy and Dani's story truly was a beautifully perfect love story that kept me completely captivated from start to finish with how amazing it was. I honestly could not get enough of this wonderful romance and I know that I say that a lot, but in the case of On Broken Wings it's especially true to the point that even though it's been a few months since I read this book back in October I still cannot get these two characters out of my head. Easy and Dani's love story was EVERYTHING and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment