Wednesday, January 4, 2017

ARC Review: The Last Di Sione Claims His Prize by Maisey Yates

Title: The Last Di Sione Claims His Prize

Author: Maisey Yates

Synopsis:

"I want that painting. It is my last Lost Mistress. My Lost Love." 

Alessandro Di Sione is renowned for being cold and unsentimental, but even he can't deny his grandfather's dream of retrieving a painting steeped in royal scandal. Yet the key to its return is the outspoken Princess Gabriella.

While traveling together to Isola D'Oro to locate the mysterious painting, Gabby is drawn to the man tortured by guilt from his past. Her innocence makes her untouchable, as Alex is convinced his Di Sione blood is tainted. But could their passion be his salvation?

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

Maisey Yates is one of those authors who has been on my to-read list for ever, but The Last Di Sione Claims His Prize is only the first book I have read by her and I got to say I was right to be excited to read this author's writing because this book was a thoroughly entertaining contemporary romance. The storyline was a little out there and unrealistic, but that is to be expected given that this is a Harlequin Presents book and honestly it's the fact that the story is out there that makes it so entertaining. But as over the top as the plot was, the heroine was extremely down-to-earth and normal for a character who was a princess. Her character really balanced out everything else that was going on. As for the hero, Alessandro, he was a little difficult to love. He had the whole brooding alpha hero thing going for him, but at time he was a little bit too much of an asshole. And while he did win me over in the end, I kind of feel like he should have done a bit more groveling in the end to win over Gabby because she was a little too good for him and that is why this book was a 4 star read instead of a 5 star read for me. But other than that I really enjoyed this romance. I especially loved the story behind the painting that Alessandro was trying to recover for his grandfather. It was one of those epic romantic stories that I just love and I loved how everything came together in the end. Overall, I loved this book. It was a fun love story and now I'm even more excited to read more of this author's writing in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment