Monday, December 5, 2016

ARC Review: How to Train Your Highlander by Christy English

Title: How to Train Your Highlander

Author: Christy English

Synopsis:

She’s the Hellion of Hyde Park…

A foolproof plan to avoid marriage:
1. Always carry at least three blades.
2. Ride circles around any man.
3. Never get caught in a handsome duke’s arms.

Wild Highlander Mary Elizabeth Waters is living on borrowed time. She’s managed to dodge the marriage banns up to now, but even Englishmen can only be put off for so long…and there’s one in particular who has her in his sights.

Harold Percy, Duke of Northumberland, is enchanted by the beautiful hellion who outrides every man on his estate and dances Scottish reels while the ton looks on in horror. The more he sees Mary, the more he knows he has to have her, tradition and good sense be damned. But what’s a powerful man to do when the Highland spitfire of his dreams has no desire to be tamed...

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

This series has been one of the highlights of my life this past year and How to Train Your Highlander, the the third book in this series was by far my favorite. The story which follows the feisty Mary Elizabeth Waters was everything! From the moment we met Mary Elizabeth in the first book in this series I was dying to know what kind of man she would fall for. Her character was so against marriage that I knew the man that would get underneath her skin would have to be nothing but spectacular and Harry was just that. They were both characters who rebelled against what was expected of them in their own ways, so naturally they were absolutely perfect together. I loved how everything progressed between them. Their interactions were all really sweet and the author completely held my attention from beginning to end with their love story. But as much as I loved Mary and Harry's romance, their is one thing that bothered me and that was the length of which Harry decided to keep his true identity a secret from Mary. I get his reasons for doing it and it did add a good bit of drama to the storyline, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. Thankfully he made up for it with his actions at the end of the book and really you can't not love a man who would be brave enough to face all the Waters men for his love. Overall, I found this book absolutely wonderful. The perfect example as to why historical romances are my favorite type of romance novels now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment