Monday, December 19, 2016

ARC Review: The Billionaire's Bet by Victoria Davies

Title: The Billionaire's Bet

Author: Victoria Davies

Synopsis:

Hailey Mitchel wants one thing. Her boss. The only problem is he’s never looked at her as more than a loyal employee. At least, not until his charming business rival, Caleb, drops into her life with an offer she can’t refuse. He’s willing to bet he can make her fall in love with him in a month, and if he’s wrong, he’ll help her find the keys to her boss’s heart.

Caleb Langston wants one thing. Revenge. Hailey is his ticket to finally evening the score with his old adversary. There’s just one problem. The more time he spends with her, the less he cares about his grand plans for payback. But love is always a gamble, and soon he’ll have to choose between his past and his future. And pray Hailey never discovers the secret he’s been hiding from her.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Billionaire's Bet, the second book in Victoria Davies's Sexy Billionaire's series, was an amazing contemporary romance for many reasons. First off, I loved the plot. It really catered to my love of fake relationships. Plus, I also really loved that it combined the fake relationship trope with the trope of the hero "trying" to help the heroine seduce another man. These tropes always lead to some interesting situations that I can never get enough of and that was definitely the case with this book.

I also really loved the main couple in this book. Hailey was a likable and realistic heroine and the way the author portrayed her allowed me to really connect with her character. And then we have Caleb. He was a really well-developed hero in my opinion. When I first came across this book I just assumed that the only history between Caleb and Hailey's boss was a business rivalry and that caused me to be a bit annoyed with him, but the more I got into the book, the more I came to see that it was more than that. I really enjoyed that the author chose to give us little hints about what had gone down between the two men before the big reveal towards the end because it really built up the anticipation and kept me flipping the pages in this book wanting to know the whole truth. And that truth along with what he was going to do right before the big reveal caused me to really love Caleb's character.

I also loved the romance in this book because the love story in this book was exceptionally well-developed. The pace at which the author has everything between these two progress was perfect. It was not rushed nor too slow and by the end of it I 100% believed in the love between Caleb and Hailey.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book. The romance was executed perfectly and it was an extremely satisfying read! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment