Sunday, December 18, 2016

ARC Review: The Billionaire Next Door by Jessica Lemmon

Title: The Billionaire Next Door

Author: Jessica Lemmon

Synopsis:

It's Tag Crane's job to be the life of the party. Traveling from one exotic locale to another is just part of running the luxurious Crane Hotel empire. But even paradise isn't perfect. Devising a new business strategy is keeping Tag up at night-and so is the Great Dane barking at all hours in the apartment below his. To muzzle the problem, Tag charges downstairs . . . right into the most beautiful, blond distraction he's ever seen.

Dog-sitting by day, bartending by night. It's not exactly the life Rachel Foster dreamed of. But when Tag Crane rushes in, all mountain-man shoulders and obscenely sexy smile, needing her help for the Crane Hotels, it's a fantasy come true. What's the harm in a fun no-strings fling? Only a fool would give her heart to a billionaire player like Tag-until suddenly the one man who can't be caught is the one flirting with forever . . .

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Billionaire Next Door was an absolutely phenomenal contemporary romance read! After devouring The Billionaire Bachelor earlier in the year, I had been anxiously awaiting Tag's book and now that I have read it I can honestly say that it was everything I wanted it to be and so much more! First off, I really loved Rachel. She was an excellent heroine. And pairing her with Tag was so perfect! The chemistry that the author created between these two was off the charts hot and their romance was more than emotionally satisfying. I absolutely could not get enough of this book. The way that the author developed the story was absolutely fantastic. I loved that Tag and Rachel got off to a rocky start because as always when it comes to books like this it made these two's romantic journey all the more worthwhile. What I'm basically saying is that Jessica Lemmon crafted a near perfect romance. 

Romance aside though, I loved that for the most part this book was a pretty light-hearted affair with nothing too intense happening with the exception of what happens to the third Crane brother, Eli. I'm not going to spoil what happens, but I am going to say that it was absolutely heartbreaking. It did however make me even more excited for Eli's book to be released next year so I guess the heartache I experienced had a purpose. 

Overall, I loved this book so much. While The Billionaire Bachelor is still my favorite Jessica Lemmon book, this one is a very, very close second favorite and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment