Thursday, November 3, 2016

Blog Tour: The Legendary Lord by Valerie Bowman (Review)


Synopsis:

THE MAKING OF A LEGEND…

When Christian Forester, Viscount Berkeley, flees the stuffy ballrooms of London for his Scottish hunting lodge, the last thing he expects to find ensconced before his fire is an incredibly beautiful woman. But the plight of lovely young Sarah Highgate, who has run away from an unwanted betrothal, inspires an eminently practical exchange. He’ll safeguard her reputation with the town while she advises him how to best attract a proper bride…

As the undisputed belle of the season, Sarah has enchanted plenty of suitors. Still, she isn’t interested in marriage, especially not to the pompous bore her father has chosen for her. But her hasty escape seems reckless now that she’s estranged from her family and has no one to count on besides Christian. Turning the luckless lord into such a catch has another unplanned consequence for Sarah: Has he run away with her heart?

Book Links:



About the Author:

VALERIE BOWMAN grew up in Illinois with six sisters (she's number seven) and a huge supply of historical romance novels. After a cold and snowy stint earning a degree in English with a minor in history at Smith College, she moved to Florida the first chance she got. Valerie now lives in Jacksonville with her family including her two rascally dogs. When she's not writing, she keeps busy reading, traveling, or vacillating between watching crazy reality TV and PBS. She is also the author of the Secret Brides series, starting with Secrets of a Wedding Night, Secrets of a Runaway Bride, and Secrets of a Scandalous Marriage.

Author Links:


***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Legendary Lord, the sixth book in Valerie Bowman's Playful Brides series was a really great historical romance read. There was so much to love about this novel. First off, the heroine was wonderful. Sarah was determined and capable and while I wish she would have stood up to her parents a little more actively, I still really liked her. Secondly, I really, really loved Christian. I usually love my historical romance heroes a little more difficult if you know what I mean, but I really loved that Christian was a nice guy. He was so sweet and good and he now has a special place in my heart. Although, I do wish he would have accepted the fact that he loved Sarah a little bit sooner. And talking about love, I loved that the romance in this book was a nice slow burn. The pace at which everything progressed really gave my the chance to really savor this love story making it a favorite of mine. Overall, I loved this book so much! It was pretty much perfect in my opinion and since this is only the second book I have read by this author I am going to be moving up her other novels on my towering TBR because I need more of these characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment