Tuesday, November 15, 2016

ARC Review: Crazy for You by Heatherly Bell

Title: Crazy for You

Author: Heatherly Bell

Synopsis:

He needs a break. She needs a date.

What do a washed-up L.A. cop and a celebrity hair stylist have in common? Christmas magic.

Fallon McQueen needs a date to a wedding.The pickings at the speed dating events she’s attended are slim indeed, and it doesn’t help that she has someone specific in mind…

Then she meets…Santa Claus.

Jack Cooper is tired of the big city. He needs a break from the streets of L.A. But when he stops a deadbeat from breaking and entering, he’s simply trying to do a good deed. But now he has a hot but crazy blonde asking him to be her date to a destination wedding.

But if Jack is going to help, they’re going to do it his way.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

Crazy for You was an absolutely adorable holiday romance. I went into it thinking that this book was only a novella, but this book was actually more developed than that and I'm thankful for that because it gave me more time to really connect with these characters and their story. And talking about the characters I really liked Jack. This guy really should be nominated for sainthood with how good he was. Like he was almost too good of a person that I kind of kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. But. no he really was that nice. As for Fallon, I really liked her character, but it really bothered me that she didn't really stand up for herself for most of the book. But aside from that I really liked her as I already said. She was a good mother trying to better herself and that made me proud of her character.

The romance in this book was really nice. Although, I feel like the love story could have been developed a little bit more because I feel like it wasn't deep enough to fully convince me that the decisions these characters made at the very end made sense for them. Despite that, the love story was really sweet and I really did like them together. Plus, the epilogue really sold me on them together, so all-in-all this book was a win for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment