Sunday, October 2, 2016

Review: Beauty and the Blacksmith by Tessa Dare

Title: Beauty and the Blacksmith

Author: Tessa Dare

Synopsis:

At last, Diana gets a romance of her own! But with the last man anyone in Spindle Cove expects...

Beautiful and elegant, Miss Diana Highwood is destined to marry a wealthy, well-placed nobleman. At least, that's what her mother has loudly declared to everyone in Spindle Cove.

But Diana's not excited by dukes and lords. The only man who makes her heart pound is the village blacksmith, Aaron Dawes. By birth and fortune, they couldn't be more wrong for each other...but during stolen, steamy moments in his forge, his strong hands feel so right.

Is their love forged strong enough to last, or are they just playing with fire?

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

I had been dying to read a Tessa Dare book for a while so when it was on sale I jumped at the chance to buy a ebook of this novella in her Spindle Cove series and that was a good decision on my part because this book was amazing. It was only a short novella, but despite it's short length the author managed to get me completely invested in these characters and their story. Diana and Aaron were both amazing and their love story was absolutely wonderful. Everything happens really quickly between these two, but it doesn't feel rushed and instead the pace of things felt really appropriate for these characters. But as much as I loved the pace of the relationship in this novella, what I really loved was the forbidden aspect of their relationship. It made everything all the more exciting. I also really liked the little side plot about the things going missing at the rooming house because it was quite humorous and I loved how it contributed to the way that Diana and Aaron came clean about their relationship in the end. Overall, I really loved this novella and I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment