Saturday, October 15, 2016

ARC Review: Seducing the Tycoon by MK Meredith

Title: Seducing the Tycoon

Author: M.K. Meredith

Synopsis:

He’ll play dirty to protect his assets—but falling for the competition was never the plan.

International tycoon Drago De Luca has the world at his feet and he knows it. But back home in Italy, his beloved grandmother’s family inn is on the verge of closing down for good, thanks to hotshot American heiress, Chase Huntington, and her new hotel. Drago has to protect Nonna’s inn, even if it means getting close enough to Chase to convince her she needs to leave. But the more time he spends with Chase, the more he’s drawn to her passion, her love of his culture, and the way she looks in those Louis Vuitton heels.

Chase Huntington would give anything to enjoy her time with charming, sexy-as-hell Drago in the style capital of the world, but she has to make sure the new Huntington hotel opens successfully. How else can she prove she’s not just fashionista with a fortune—she’s an heiress savvy enough to take over the family’s biggest hotel back in California? But somewhere between boutiques and business plans, she falls head over Louboutins for Drago. But when Drago’s true motive for spending so much time with her comes to light, it could destroy everything Chase built and everything she thought she found in Italy.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

This book was a really good contemporary romance read. It was steamy enough to make me happy without being too much, the romance was developed really well so that when I got to the end I believed that Drago and Chase were meant to be together without a doubt, and I absolutely loved the heroine in this book. She was independent and driven, and I loved how committed she was to launching the hotel, but wasn't willing to make it happen at the cost of others. The only complaint I had with this book and it's why it got 4 stars instead of 5 was that I had some issues with Drago. I mean I still liked his character and by the end of the book I was fully aboard the Drago train, but he took some getting used to. But that aside this book was wonderful. The book is kind of a blend of the enemies to lovers and the workplace romance tropes and all in all it was a lot of fun to read. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment