Monday, September 19, 2016

ARC Review: A Summer to Remember by Marilyn Pappano

Title: A Summer to Remember

Author: Marilyn Pappano

Synopsis:

FIRST LOVE NEVER FADES . . .

It's been a long time since widow Fia Thomas felt the spark of physical attraction. But from the moment she meets Elliot Ross one stormy night, she yearns for a fresh start, for him to make her feel whole and well again. With his broad shoulders and a warm smile crinkling his dark eyes, he could finally offer her the solace she's been seeking. And she's willing to give him anything in return . . . except a promise that could break his heart.

Now that Elliot is out of the Army, he's looking for a place to call home. Tallgrass was just a stop to stretch his legs, yet one look at Fia halts him in his tracks. In her sweet, sassy company, he finds the soul mate he never thought he'd have. But Fia is holding something back-something that keeps her from making any plans. Elliot's new mission: gain Fia's trust...and convince her that summer's end can mean a new beginning.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

3 out of 5 stars

So while I liked A Summer to Remember well enough, I just didn't love the story as much as I wanted to. The characters themselves were great and I loved the love story, I just didn't connect with the story as much as I wanted to. I think this was mostly due to the fact that the author has two different storylines in this book. There is the main one featuring Fia and Elliot, the main couple and then there is a storyline following Marti and Dillon. While I really liked everything that was going on between Marti and Dillon every time the narrative switched to them from Fia and Elliot it just pulled me out of the book. I realized while reading this book that I'm just not a fan of a book focusing on more than one couple because it really stopped me from getting too invested in the characters and the story and this book ended up being just an okay read for me as a result. With that said I would still recommend this book to people who don't have an problem with reading about two couples at the same time because despite that this book really was a nice, sweet romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment