Friday, August 5, 2016

ARC Review: Winter's Path by Kelly Moran

Title: Winter's Path

Author: Kelly Moran

Synopsis:

My name is Matt Holcomb, and I'm the good guy. The boy next door. I'm the safe bet and I always do the right thing. Then one night two years ago, I made a terrible mistake that caused irreparable damage, and the guilt is killing me. If I'm ever to make the leap and find love again, the woman would have to be perfect. She can't disrupt my carefully constructed control. I met my best friend Jenny Winter as a teenager and have loved her ever since. She's gorgeous and talented. Her voice could make angels weep. Yet she chose someone else and I swore I'd never fall for her again. Until something happens between us and passion ignites. But she's not the right woman for me, and crossing the line with her would not only change everything, it'll take away the only good thing I have left.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

Winter's Path the companion novel to Summer's Road was another really enjoyable Kelly Moran book. This book had so many things that I loved, the main thing being the main couple, Matt and Jenny. This was a really surprising for me since I actually wasn't the biggest fan of Jenny beforehand and didn't see how she and Matt were going to work especially since I was really invested in Matt getting his own HEA, but Kelly made it work with the history that she gave these two. The relationship between these two felt even more natural and right than Summer and Ian's in the first book and I loved it so much.

The one thing that I did have an issue with in this book was the whole Cara situation. I just really didn't like that part mostly because I couldn't really wrap my head around why it affected Matt so much when he didn't really spend all that much time with her. To me it just felt unnecessary and I could have done without it. But that's just a me thing and has nothing to do with Kelly's writing.

Overall, I really liked this book. Even more so than Summer's Road which I also really liked. Wonderful, emotional romances like this are why I see myself reading Kelly's books for many years to come and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment