Tuesday, August 30, 2016

ARC Review: The Wedding Pact by Katee Robert

Title: The Wedding Pact

Author: Katee Robert

Synopsis:

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katee Robert continues her smoking-hot series about the O'Malleys—wealthy, powerful, and full of scandalous family secrets.

Carrigan O'Malley has always known her arranged marriage would be more about power and prestige than passion. But after one taste of the hard-bodied, whiskey-voiced James Halloran, she's ruined for anyone else. Too bad James and his family are enemy number 1.

Hallorans vs. O'Malleys—that's how it's always been. James should be thinking more about how to expand his family's empire instead of how silky Carrigan's skin is against his and how he can next get her into his bed. Those are dangerous thoughts. But not nearly as dangerous as he'll be if he can't get what he wants: Carrigan by his side for the rest of their lives.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

After reading and loving The Marriage Contract, it was impossible for me to not immediately read The Wedding Pact. This book was just as amazing as the first. James and Carrigan's story had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish and the only thing that stopped me from reading this book in one sitting was my need to get some sleep.

Given that it's the second book in this series, I really loved how everything tied together. The book can still standalone for readers who haven't read the first book, but as someone who has read this series in order I loved all the connections and the way the stories flowed together.

Moving on to the romance, I loved the love story in this book even more. A part of me wasn't sure if I should love James and Carrigan as much as I do, but their relationship just really worked for me. The forbidden aspect of them being together was so exciting and given how everything ended I really liked that Carrigan's love for James finally got her to stand up to her father's dictating ways.

Overall, this book was another phenomenal romance from Katee Robert. And like with The Marriage Contract, I'm going to be recommending this book til I'm on my deathbed. I loved it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment