Sunday, June 26, 2016

ARC Review: Jordan's Return by Samantha Chase

Title: Jordan's Return

Author: Samantha Chase

Synopsis:

For the first time in print, New York Times and USA Today bestseller Samantha Chase’s debut novel is a heartwarming story of second chances

WILL ONE SUMMER TOGETHER
All Jordan Manning wants is a quiet summer on the Virginia coast with her sons to recover from a near-fatal accident and an abusive relationship. Her plans to find a new direction for her future are turned upside down when she runs into the first man who ever broke her heart…and he’s determined to win it back.

BE ENOUGH TO HEAL OLD WOUNDS?
Rob Tyler thought he’d moved on, but when fate drops a second chance with his first love right in his path, his feelings rush back stronger than ever. Rob is determined to give Jordan the future they should have had years ago, but making up for past mistakes isn’t easy…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

I haven't read many books by this author, so I didn't really know what to expect when I started reading this book, but overall I really enjoyed Jordan's Return. From the very beginning the authors draws you into Jordan's story and keeps you captivated on the edge of your seat to see how Jordan was going to move on from her abusive marriage and fall in love again this time with a man who was worth it.

The main thing in this book that I thought I was going to have a problem with that I actually ended up loving was Jordan being a mother to older children. I'm always a little wary when I read romances where one or both of the main characters are parents to a child over the age of five or six because children can be so angry when they are in romance books like this and while I understand that is normal, my heart just can't take those scenarios. Thankfully, Jordan's sons were actually wonderful to read about and many of the scenes in this book that were my favorite where ones that the two boys were interacting with Rob, Jordan's love interest.

Anywho, moving on from the children, as always the thing I loved the most about this book is the love story that unfolds between Jordan and Rob. Their romance was all about healing and second chances and it was just so heartwarming that by the end I was left teary eyed with how wonderful it was.

Overall, I really, really liked this book! I highly recommend it and am looking forward to tackling more of Samantha Chase's backlist in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment