Tuesday, June 21, 2016

ARC Review: Beauty and the Bear by Rebecca Thomas

Title: Beauty and the Bear

Author: Rebecca Thomas

Synopsis:

A proposal worth considering...

For werebear Silas Vane, finding his True Mate has proven more difficult than he imagined and he’s getting grouchier by the minute waiting for her to come along. When a nosy, new hire starts asking questions about why he wants to marry so badly—he tells her—so he can have sex every day!

Fresh out of graduate school, Lexi Durham takes her first counseling job at Denali Crossings, a wilderness therapy camp in rural Alaska. When she spies on the super fine camp cook looking at an internet dating site, she offers to help.

Silas gets the surprise of his life when she offers to be his sex once-a-day girl. It’s a deal he can’t refuse, only she’s a human, and things could get complicated.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Beauty and the Bear, the first book in Rebecca Thomas's contributions to the Alaskan Den Men series was so good! I have always liked Rebecca's writing, but this is the first time that I have absolutely loved it. Seriously, she should write paranormal romance books more often because in my opinion she absolutely nailed it. I couldn't get enough of Lexi and Silas's love story. It was one of those romances that had my heart racing from the minute the two characters meet for the first time and had me on the edge of my seat with anticipation until the very end to see how everything was going to play out. The only complaint that I had about the book is that I wanted a little bit more world-building when it came to the werebear community, but honestly the vagueness about this world was expected since the book is only a novella and it's not a bad thing that the author chose to focus more on the romance than anything else. Anywho, as I said already, I absolutely loved this book so much and highly recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal romance involving shifters!

1 comment: