Thursday, June 23, 2016

ARC Review: The Bad Boy's Baby by Cindi Madsen

Title: The Bad Boy's Baby

Author: Cindi Madsen

Synopsis:

There are certain words that have always described Cam Brantley: Town bad boy. Soldier. Protector. But never, ever dad. Until he returns home from his latest military tour to discover the girl he had one smoking-hot night with is now mom to the adorable two-year-old Zoey. Who has his eyes.

Plenty of words could describe Emma Walker these days. Mom, dutiful granddaughter, budding designer, the town’s golden child. But when her longtime crush Cam Brantley comes back to town, she knows the perfect word to describe herself: screwed.

Cam and Emma are both shocked to discover he truly wants Zoey in his life. But Cam’s not sure he’s ready to be a dad, and Emma can’t gamble her daughter on maybes. As the long-simmering heat between Cam and Emma reaches a boiling point, he’ll have to work past his demons in order to be the man both girls need.

Daddy duty might be his toughest mission yet…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Bad Boy's Baby was the first book I've read by this author and I loved it! Whenever I start reading a book where the hero learns he has a child he wasn't told about previously I'm always a little wary because I honestly hate when the mothers try to keep them away because I find that really immature, but in this book Emma was actually really reasonable for the most part when it came to giving Cam a chance to become a part of his daughters life. That aspect alone really sold me on this book and made me like it, but what made me love it was of course the romance between Emma and Cam. One of the reasons I love romances published by Entangled's Bliss imprint is that they are always so sweet and The Bad Boy's Baby was sweet and then some. It's one of those feel-good books that leaves you grinning from ear to ear days after finishing it just by thinking of it's cuteness. But just because the story was cute and sweet doesn't mean that the relationship between Cam and Emma wasn't real and deep. Their relationship was just as meaningful as any intense, dramatic romance and I loved it so much! Overall, The Bad Boy's Baby was a great romantic read and it's a must read for all fans of light romance in my very honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment