Saturday, May 28, 2016

ARC Review: Outlaw Cowboy by Nicole Helm

Title: Outlaw Cowboy

Author: Nicole Helm

Synopsis:

BIG SKY TROUBLE

Ever since his father's accident, Caleb Shaw vowed he'd mend his wild ways, and he means to keep his word. He’s a changed man. A better man. And he knows he should want absolutely nothing to do with his crazy old life...or the maddening temptation that is Delia Rogers.

Because Delia? Is nothing but trouble.

Delia’s been stealing her sisters away from their violent father ever since she was old enough to fight back. But now with the police on her trail and all her bridges burned, there’s nowhere left to run but back into the arms of the one cowboy she knows she shouldn’t need. Caleb has always been too good for her, no matter how bad he claimed to be. Yet when close quarters turn into something more, Delia and Caleb are forced to decide what really matters: mending their reputations or healing their wary hearts...

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

Outlaw Cowboy, the second book in Nicole Helm's Big Sky Cowboy series, was another really enjoyable contemporary romance by this author. I really have a thing for bad boy characters trying to do the right thing, so it is no surprise that I really loved Caleb's character. Delia was also a really awesome character, although there were times when I wanted to shake some sense into her because some of her reasoning for doing things were kind of ridiculous in my opinion. But despite some of my frustrations with her character I still really liked her and she was the perfect girl for Caleb. Their romance was one of those that completely had my attention from the very beginning and I was fully invested in seeing how everything was going to play out between them. And how everything plays out between these two at the end so did not disappoint. I especially loved what Caleb did in order to help resolve Delia's legal problems. It was so Caleb and inside my head I was so applauding him for what he did. Overall, Outlaw Cowboy was a fun, sexy contemporary romance. While I still kind of like Rebel Cowboy a little bit more, Outlaw Cowboy was definitely a very, very close second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment