Tuesday, May 10, 2016

ARC Review: How I Married a Marquess by Anna Harrington

Title: How I Married a Marquess

Author: Anna Harrington

Synopsis:

A SHOCKING DECEPTION...
Josephine Carlisle, adopted daughter of a baron, is officially on the shelf.  But the silly, marriage-minded misses in the ton can have their frilly dresses and their seasons in London, for all she cares. Josie has her freedom and her family…until an encounter at a house party with a dark, devilishly handsome stranger leaves her utterly breathless.  His wicked charm intrigues her, but that’s where it ends.  For Josie has a little secret…

...LEADS TO AN EXQUISITE SEDUCTION
Thomas Matteson, Marquess of Chesney, excelled at espionage—until a tragic accident cost him his career.  Now to salvage his reputation and return to the life he loves as a spy, the marquess must find the criminal who’s been robbing London’s rich and powerful.  He’s no fool—he knows Josie, with her wild chestnut hair and rapier-sharp wit, is hiding something and he won’t rest until he unravels her mysteries, one by one.  But he never expected to be the one under arrest—body and soul…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

How I Married a Marquess, the conclusion to Anna Harrington's The Secret Life of Scoundrels series, was by far the best of the trilogy. Josephine and Thomas's story was absolutely EVERYTHING, which is really saying something because Thomas was actually my least favorite of the three leading men in this series when he was first introduced, but he completely stole my heart in this book. But as much as I loved him the true star of this book was the heroine, Josephine. I have a legit girl crush on Josephine's character. She was the BEST and didn't sit back and take anyone's crap. She went out and got things done in order to do what she believed was right and help out the children at the orphanage. I loved her character too much and out of all the historical romances I've read she is definitely one of my top five favorite heroines. On top of the two amazing leading characters, I also really loved the secondary characters especially Josephine's brothers. They didn't show too much, but they made a lasting impression and I am really happy that this author's next series is about them. Anywho, back to this book, the romance in this book was by far my favorite. Out of the three couples in this book, Josephine and Thomas where the ones who I felt were the most on equal footing attitude wise and that made their romance explosively good. As well as the love story, I also really loved the plot surrounding the robberies and Josephine's part in them. It was all so much fun to read about and the resolution to everything at the end was hilarious. And talking about the end, the epilogue of this book was amazing and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because it made me so happy.

Overall, this book was so great and it was the perfect ending to such a spectacular historical romance series. I highly recommend it as well as the first two books in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment