Monday, May 30, 2016

ARC Review: The Beast of Clan Kincaid by Lily Blackwood

Title: The Beast of Clan Kincaid

Author: Lily Blackwood

Synopsis:

A Highland warrior battles to reclaim his birthright in the first of a new series filled with seduction, revenge, and soul-stirring passion…

They call him the Beast—a hardened mercenary whose heart seems as cold as his icy blue gaze. They do not know his true name: Niall Braewick, son of the Laird of Kincaid. It has been years since he escaped into the forest the night his father was murdered. Now he has returned, ablaze with a vengeful hunger. He will gain the MacClaren chief’s trust, gather his clan, and take back his lands. And take the MacClaren’s daughter as well…

Though he pulled her from the river, saving her life, Elspeth has been warned to keep her distance from her father’s hired warrior. He is a barbarian—a shame, as he is far more compelling than the lechers and fools competing for her dowry. Little does she know that, like the castle itself, she is a prize Niall intends to claim…but will he extract blood for blood and possess what is his, or will his enemy’s beautiful, innocent daughter tempt him to forsake his dream of conquest?

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

The Beast of Clan Kincaid was one of my most highly anticipated historical romance novels of 2016 and it so did not disappoint. Everything about this book was absolutely amazing in my opinion. Niall was the brooding, mysterious historical romance hero that I can never seem to get enough of. And Elspeth, despite the fact that I can never pronounce her name right, was a wonderfully headstrong and independent heroine that I could really get behind. I loved the romance that progressed between the two of them. It was one that really got my heart racing and made it almost impossible for me to put down this book.

Aside from the romance, I also really just loved everything that was going on with Niall returning to get his revenge and take back the land that was stolen from him. I really loved how the author dealt with the situation because it was all very exciting, but not too over the top. I thought when I started the book that I would be rolling my eyes at the fact that no one recognized Niall from when he was younger, but throughout the story it never felt unrealistic. Going on the thing that I loved the most about this story was how the author revealed what had happened to Niall's brothers. I won't go into it for spoiler reasons, but I was really shocked by the reveal and it's one of the main reasons I'm so excited for the next book in the series because I need to know more!

Overall, The Beast of Clan Kincaid was a superb historical romance novel and I was so right to be excited for this book. Seriously, this is a must-read for historical romance fans especially if you're like me and are dying for more historicals set in time periods other than the Regency period because I almost forgot to mention this book was set in the 1300s and it was amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Lily's and can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete