Saturday, April 2, 2016

Review: Heart's Desire by T.J. Kline

Title: Heart's Desire

Author: T.J. Kline

Synopsis:

If you could have anything, do anything…what would it be?

Jessie Hart has a soft spot for healing the broken, especially horses and children, but her business is failing and bankruptcy is looming. The one man who can save Heart Fire Ranch is the last man she wants to take advice from—financial expert Nathan Kerrington, the same man who broke her heart eight years ago.

Nathan Kerrington has it all, except the one thing he wanted most—Jessie. Now that he’s finally freed himself from his corrupt family, he wants to make amends. When he’s called in to save Jessie’s ranch, he sees his chance to win her back—if only he can prove to her that she can trust him with her heart …

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

Heart's Desire, the first book in T.J. Kline's Healing Hearts series truly is an exceptional contemporary romance novel. The story which follows Jessie Hart, a ranch owner, and Nathan, a financial expert, as they get a second chance at love with each other really tugged at my heartstrings. 

While I loved this book to pieces there were still a couple of things that I didn't like about the story, but first let me talk about the things I absolutely loved about this book. First off, I absolutely loved the two main character. Jessie was a feisty and strong heroine with such a big heart and it's impossible to not love her character. Then we have Nathan who at first just seems like your typical rich city boy, but he is actually a lot more than that and like Jessie it is impossible not to like his character especially with everything he does to prove himself throughout the book. I also just really liked the overall story of the book with Nathan coming to Heart Fire Ranch to help Jessie save it from ruin. I loved how them having to work together contributed to how their relationship progressed and also influenced the characters themselves as they learned about what was really important to them. And talking about what's important to the characters, I loved how important family was in this book. I always love seeing close families in books and the Hart family are definitely one of my faves.

Now to the things I didn't like. It really frustrated me in the book that Jessie didn't just sit down with her siblings and tell them what she and her father had been planning to do with the ranch before the parents died. I feel like if she would have just explained that she really did have a plan for the ranch that Justin would have been a little more understanding. And referring to Justin being understanding, as much as I loved his character it really bothered me that it was so easy for him to think badly of both Jessie and Nathan. He came to his senses eventually but I feel like he should have trusted his sister and his friend from the beginning instead of doubting their intentions.

Anywho, despite those few issues I had with the story, overall I really loved this book. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review it really is an exceptional contemporary romance that gets you to feel so many emotions. Jessie and Nathan were everything and their HEA was so satisfying and given that I was in a reading slump right before I read this book they were exactly what I needed to get me out of it. So with that said, I can't wait until I have the time to get around to reading the other Healing Hearts books because I'm sure that Julia's, Justin's and Bailey's HEA are just as wonderful as Jessie and Nathan's was.

No comments:

Post a Comment