Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ARC Review: The Unforgettable Hero by Valerie Bowman

Title: The Unforgettable Hero

Author: Valerie Bowman

Synopsis:

To escape a forced marriage to her loathsome, social-climbing cousin, Cecelia Harcourt banks on selling a romantic novel. But when she's hit by a coach on the way home from meeting a potential publisher and loses her memory, the accident leads to an encounter with a fascinating man. . . who she's convinced is the hero of her novel.

Due to his brother's influence, Lieutenant Adam Hunt finds himself honorably discharged from the army. Adam intends to make his way in the world without the help of a war-hero duke, brother or no. He finds his plans for independence sidetracked by a chance encounter with a lady whose memory has gone. She believes he's a hero. Can Adam become the man he was meant to be and fill that lofty role?

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

I have been dying to get around to reading a Valerie Bowman book and since The Unforgettable Hero is just a novella it seemed like the perfect book to start with and I wasn't let down. This book was such a fun historical romance. It's such a short and quick read, but it was still a very satisfying story. I loved reading about Cecelia and Adam and the unlikely romance that developed between them when he helped her after she got hit by a coach and lost her memory. I had originally thought when I read the blurb for this book that the memory loss story would be a little far-fetched because Cecelia ends up believing that she and Adam are character in her novel, but it actually worked really well and I was kind of sad when she regained her memory relatively quickly because I kind of wanted to see how long Adam, his brother, and his sister-in-law would be able to play along as the doctor ordered. 

And talking about Cecelia regaining her memory, I was kind of upset by the way Adam reacted once he learned who she really was thanks to some misinterpreted words from her sister. He was really harsh on Cecelia and I should have let her explain her situation before directing accusations at her, but thankfully he had some sense kicked into him and the way he went after her to tell her how he felt at the end left me feeling all giddy. 

Anywho, overall, I really loved this novella in Valerie Bowman's Playful Brides series. It was such a cute historical romance and the perfect read of this author's for me to have started with because it has made me want to read all of her other books ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment