Tuesday, May 3, 2016

ARC Review: Too Hot to Handle by Tessa Bailey

Title: Too Hot to Handle

Author: Tessa Bailey

Synopsis:

The first book in a brand new contemporary romance series from New York Times bestselling author Tessa Bailey!

When Rita Clarkson's Suburban takes its last breath on a New Mexico roadside, rescue roars up on a Harley in the form of smooth-talking honkey tonk owner, Jasper Ellis, a man as mysterious as he is charming. Rita's cross-country journey to New York City--with her three estranged siblings in tow--is only beginning, but now that Jasper has found Rita, his plans do not include her leaving.




***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

I absolutely loved reading Too Hot to Handle, the first book in Tessa Bailey's Romancing the Clarksons series. I don't know how Tessa has managed to once again deliver an essentially flawless contemporary romance that I can't stop thinking about, but somehow she has and I am once again left in awe.

Everything about Rita and Jasper's story worked for me. That is really saying something given that I didn't originally think it would because everything in the book happens over the span of just a few days, but the author made the love that ignites between these two character's so believable that the short time span didn't bother me at all. I was 100% on board with this relationship from the moment Rita's car breaks down on the side of the road leaving her and her siblings stranded and Jasper comes across them. The chemistry between these two is completely off the charts hot and it's impossible to not absolutely think that these two are absolutely perfect for each other.  Unfortunately, that also gave me some anxiety when I was reading the book because Rita is one of those excessively independent heroines and I was worried that her and Jasper's HEA would feel too rushed and not feel appropriate because the premise of the novel is that Rita and her siblings were supposed to take this road trip to New York together in their mother's memory, but it all played out perfectly.

And talking about Rita's siblings, I loved getting to know them in this book and how we were given hints about how their upcoming stories are going to play out as they continue on their trip. The author really built up my excitement and has made me desperate for the next three books in the Romancing the Clarksons series.

Anywho, overall, this book was a phenomenal start to a new series from one of my all-time favorite authors and I can't recommend it enough because it really was just that good. Seriously, Too Hot to Handle was Tessa Bailey at her BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment