Friday, April 8, 2016

ARC Review: Summer's Road by Kelly Moran

Title: Summer's Road

Author: Kelly Moran

Synopsis:

After her father's death, Summer Quinn is alone in the world. With no family to fill the void, she finds comfort among friends. But her boyfriend wants to take their relationship to the next level, and suddenly there's an unexpected attraction building between her and her best friend, Ian Memmer--a man who's never settled for one woman. And now her estranged mother has reappeared. As secrets from her family's past and Ian's true feelings emerge, she's faced with choices she's not sure she can make. Happiness hinges on forgiveness and opening herself to love, even if it's not where she expected to find it.



***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

This book took me a little while to finish because I was in a weird mood, but even with the weird mood I was in I still really enjoyed Summer's Road. It was a really good friends to lovers romance and I loved reading about Summer and Ian. They were both really good characters and you could tell from the very beginning that they were meant to be together even though Summer was in a relationship with Matt at the beginning. All their interactions were just so natural and easy and for a while I couldn't understand why Summer never thought of Ian in a romantic way before. But regardless of that thought of mine, I really liked the way the romance between them developed. I'm usually not a fan of love triangles especially when the other guy is also so wonderful, but looking back on it it was all necessary for Summer to get to where she needed to be in order to get her HEA with Ian. Plus, I hear that Kelly is going to give Matt his own HEA soon, so that makes me happy.

The rest of the plot which focused on Summer still trying to come to terms with her father's death and the reappearance of her mother after so many years was also really good. And the biggest highlight for me in this book was the way that the author went back and forth between the past and the present. It made the story a lot more satisfying to get to see how Summer and Ian's relationship progressed from when they were children as well as how effected Summer was by growing up without a mother and then losing her father to cancer. Getting to see those scenes on the page gave the story that extra emotion that made this story enjoyable for me as a reader and so I'm so happy that Kelly wrote the book this way instead of strictly sticking to the present storyline.

Overall, I really liked this book. It was a really nice romantic, emotional read and books like this are why Kelly Moran is one of my favorite romance authors.

1 comment:

  1. Great Review!! I really enjoyed this book I cant wait to see what kelly has instore for Matt !!

    ReplyDelete