Monday, April 25, 2016

ARC Review: The One That Got Away by A.J. Pine

Title: The One That Got Away

Author: A.J. Pine

Synopsis:

How far will one man go for the woman he’s loved since high school?

Jamie Kingston has been Brynn Chandler’s best friend since middle school. Only once was their friendship tested—when Brynn gave Jamie a single kiss. Since then, they’ve had an unspoken agreement never to cross that line again, and she’s ready to let go of the past and move on.

But Jamie has loved Brynn for as long as he can remember, and now that he’s ready to tell her, she has her sights set on someone else. Knowing this is his last chance, he asks Brynn to go on a two-week road trip. But their time alone brings old hurts to the surface, and Brynn has to decide if the one that got away lies at the end of the journey or if he’s been by her side all along.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

The One That Got Away was a really good friends-to-lovers, road trip romance and a swoon-inducing start to A.J. Pine's new series. While this book was the first A.J. Pine book that took me more than one-sitting to read that does not mean that I didn't love this book because I really did enjoy it. I've just been all over the place reading wise this month, so I took some more time to really savor Jamie and Brynn's love story.

Anywho, let's get to the details. The best part about this book was Jamie Kingston. He was totally on par with the guys in all of the other A.J. Pine books I have read. He was so sweet and adorable and his dedication to making sure Brynn was happy even though he would be miserable watching her be with another man made me love him so much. As for Brynn, I liked her well enough, but her obsession with Spencer Matthews made me want to bang my head against a wall. Like I understood her reasoning, but at the same time I thought it was really stupid reasoning. And as much I loved Jamie there were instances where I just wanted to smack him on the back of the head. Everything would have been so much easier if these two would have just sat down and had a long conversation about their feelings. Lol. But as frustrated as I was with these two at times it did make for some good drama and some really fun times as well as a more than satisfying HEA that made everything so worth it.

Overall, I really liked this book and have become convinced that A.J. Pine is incapable of writing a book that I will not like. Now to anxiously await book two in this new favorite series of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment