Thursday, April 7, 2016

ARC Review: Luck is No Lady by Amy Sandas

Title: Luck is No Lady

Author: Amy Sandas

Synopsis:

“You should not have kissed me,” she replied breathlessly.
“I do a lot of things I shouldn’t. It does not mean I won’t do them again.”

Gently bred Emma Chadwick always assumed she’d live and die the daughter of a gentleman. But when her father’s death reveals a world of staggering debt and dangerous moneylenders, she must risk her good name and put her talent for mathematics to use, taking a position as bookkeeper at London’s most notorious gambling hell. Surrounded by vice and corruption on all sides, it is imperative no one discovers Emma’s shameful secret or her reputation—and her life—will be ruined.

But Roderick Bentley, the hell’s sinfully wealthy owner, awakens a hunger Emma cannot deny. Drawn deep into an underworld of high stakes gambling and reckless overindulgence, she soon discovers that in order to win the love of a ruthless scoundrel, she will have to play the game...and give in to the pleasure of falling from grace.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Despite the fact that I had never read a book by this author I was really excited for this book solely because I loved the cover, but I got to say now that I have read Luck is No Lady judging a book by it's cover totally worked out for me because this book was AMAZING! I loved this book so much. Emma and Roderick are currently my favorite historical romance couple at the moment. Both of them were so great. Emma was such an independent character who got shit done which made me love her so much. Although, I did get annoyed with the fact that she believed that she wasn't allowed to find her own husband and instead focused all her time on her sisters. And while the hero, Roderick, was the type of hero you can usually expect in a historical romance he still stood out for me in this book making him particularly memorable.

In regards to the romance in this book, Emma and Roderick worked perfectly for each other. I loved everything about their romance and how it developed from their first meeting while hiding behind curtains at a party to Emma working for him at the gambling hell to them finally realizing they are the ones for each other and living happily ever after. Seriously, I loved it every second of the love story in the book. It was the best.

Aside from the romance, I also really liked the part of the plot that focused on the money that Emma needed to pay back thanks to her father's gambling debts. I really liked the way it was resolved and the way that Roderick helped out the Chadwick sisters. But as much as I liked this part of the story it did leave me with some questions in the end that I am praying are answered in the next couple of books in this series because I'm really intrigued.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was a really awesome historical romance read that I know for a fact I'm going to end up re-reading time and time again because I really did just love Emma and Roderick so much. And now that I have discovered Amy Sandas's awesome books I can't wait to read some more of her writing in particular the next two book in this series when they are released.

No comments:

Post a Comment