Friday, April 15, 2016

ARC Review: Best Friends with the Billionaire by Coleen Kwan

Title: Best Friends with the Billionaire

Author: Coleen Kwan

Synopsis:

Cassie Cooper has never been the kind of girl noticed for her looks. But around billionaire Kirk Rochester, her best friend from college, Cassie wishes she could turn just one head—his. So when Kirk asks her to be his pretend girlfriend to thwart another woman’s unwanted advances, Cassie embraces the opportunity to prove to him that she does have a feminine side.

Disillusioned by a rough marriage that had an even rougher end, Kirk values friendship more than romance. He’s always had a good thing going with Cassie. But he can’t ignore how sexy she is now playing the role of his girlfriend, and soon he’s fighting a dangerous attraction to her. Even though their time between the sheets is scorching hot, he refuses to take it beyond “friends with benefits.” He’s learned the hard way that loving someone is the first step to destroying his heart, and he won’t risk losing the best person in his life by falling in love with her.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

2 out of 5 stars

This is the second book by Coleen Kwan that I have read and while I liked the other book (Unexpectedly Yours) that I read by her well enough, I just couldn't really get into Best Friends with the Billionaire. I'm all for friends-to-lovers and fake relationship romances, but I found this book kind of meh. While it was well-written and the sex scenes were really steamy, I just wasn't able to buy into Cassie and Kirk as a couple. In my opinion I just didn't see a connection between the two of them and as a result I wasn't able to find their love for each other believable. But while I wasn't a fan of the romance in the book, I did like the overall flow of the book and as I said already it had some really hot sex scenes. Also, I really liked Cassie's character, although I wish she would have been a little more confident in her size and looks instead of always worrying about her mother and sister's idea of beauty. All-in-all this book was just not the book for me, but based on the aspects of it that I did like I can totally see others loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment