Saturday, March 5, 2016

My Rambling Thoughts: Small Town Romance

So a couple of weeks ago, I binge-watched all four seasons of Hart of Dixie and it has reignited my love for contemporary romances set in small towns. Honestly, their is nothing better than a small town romance which is kind of ironic since I was born and raised in the city, so I've never experienced small town living and probably never will because I need the hustle and bustle of city life to stay sane, but when it comes to my romances I prefer them to be set in small towns because it adds an extra level of feel-good sweetness that I can't get enough of.

And if you don't understand why I love romances set in small towns so much, all you have to do is read one book in either Lia Riley's Brightwater series or Molly McLain's River Bend series to understand why I love those types of books so much. And if for some reason those two examples weren't enough for you to realize why these types of books are so awesome some other amazing series set in small towns are Joya Ryan's Chasing Love and Search and Seduce series, and my all-time fave, Alison Bliss's Tangled in Texas series. And those are just the ones that I've read that immediately come to mind. There are so many others that I haven't read and am dying to get to especially right now.

So any of you small town romance lovers? If so, what are your faves? Have you read some of the ones I've listed because I'm always looking for more people to talk about them with on Twitter and/or Facebook?

*My Rambling Thoughts is a bi-weekly feature on this blog in which I vent, rant, and/or gush about bookish topics that are currently on my mind.*

1 comment:

  1. <3 Thanks for the shout out, lady! I'm so happy you love RB! xo

    ReplyDelete