Monday, March 7, 2016

ARC Review: Thrown Down by Tessa Bailey

Title: Thrown Down

Author: Tessa Bailey

Synopsis:

Overachiever River Purcell was never supposed to be a struggling single mom, working double shifts just to make ends meet. Nor was she supposed to be abandoned by her high school sweetheart, breaking her heart into a thousand jagged pieces. Now Vaughn De Matteo is back in town, his sights set on her...and River is in danger of drowning a second time.

No one believed Hook’s resident bad boy was good enough for River. Not even Vaughn himself. But he’ll fight like hell to win back the woman he never stopped loving, to keep the daughter he never expected, and convince himself he’s worth their love in the process―even if he has to rely on their fierce and undeniable sexual chemistry.

But even as River's body arches under his hungered touch, the demons of the past lurk in the shadows. Waiting for Vaughn to repeat his mistakes one last time...

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Tessa Bailey is pretty much my all time favorite romance author ever, so it is no surprise that I absolutely loved this book. Thrown Down, which is the second installment in her Made in Jersey was everything I loved about a Tessa Bailey book and more.

Second chance romances are always fun, but this one took that trope to a whole new level and it is by far the best second chance romance I've ever read. River and Vaughn were just so perfect together. On top of all of the super steamy sexy times, these two also made me feel all of the feels with everything that went on with them both in the past and present. Going along with that I really liked all the flashback scenes we got in this book because I really liked seeing all those moments that had an impact on their relationship first hand instead of having them summarized.

But as much as I loved all the romantic goodness in this book, what I loved the most about this book was anything involving Marcy. She was such an adorable three-year-old and seeing Vaughn interact with her and try his best to be a good dad even with all his hang-ups about not being a good enough man for River and Marcy was all so heartwarming and really adorable.

Overall, I loved almost everything about this book. In fact, the only thing I didn't like about this book was River's father. I really hated him so much and he was the perfect example as to why I'm always wary about parents in any type of book I read. He was just so irrational and hateful with his judgement of Vaughn for something he didn't even do and I just couldn't with that man. But thankfully he didn't show too much.

Anywho, as I said already, I loved this book so much. At the moment, it's definitely my favorite book by Tessa by far which is really saying something because I have read all this author's books to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment