Wednesday, March 2, 2016

ARC Review: Emergency Delivery by Samanthe Beck

Title: Emergency Delivery

Author: Samanthe Beck

Synopsis:

Madison Foley is determined to stand on her own two feet, no matter how wobbly her circumstances. Fate, however, keeps throwing her off balance, and then sending heroically hot paramedic Hunter Knox to save her.

She’s put men on the back burner until she gets her life on track.

But Hunter’s got other plans.

Decisions. Decisions.



***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

I loved Emergency Engagement so much that I was anxious to see if Samanthe Beck was going to be able to top it and she totally did with Hunter and Madison's story. This was one of those books that really tugs at your heartstrings and makes you feel all the things and I loved it so much!

When I first met Madison in Emergency Engagement I kind of overlooked her character because she seemed like just another call for Hunter and Beau and when I read the blurb for this book for the first time I was kind of confused at why Sam would put them together, but their relationship actually really worked. What starts off as Hunter just wanting to help the young new mother turns into something so much more that was so heartwarming and swoon-worthy.

But romance aside, the big highlight for me in this book was the way in which Hunter behaved with baby Joy. Everyone around him was so focused on the fact that he had a hero-complex and that is why he was helping Madison and the baby, but just getting to see the scenes of him with Joy is proof that his investment in them was so much more than just his need to help. He was in full daddy mode when it came to Joy even before the romance between him and Madison fully took off and that just made me love his character and this book so much more. And talking about Hunter being in full daddy-protector mode, I really enjoyed the way that Sam brought up and handled the situation with Madison's horrible ex. It added a good bit of drama that had me on the edge of my seat about how everything was going to play out and it further highlighted just how perfect Hunter was for both Madison and Joy with his reactions to everything that happened.

Overall, this book was another amazing romance by Samanthe Beck and is further proof why I can't get enough of her books. Emergency Delivery is definitely my favorite of her books so far and I can't wait for what this author has in store for her readers next.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, RBJ! I'm thrilled you enjoyed Hunter & Madison, (and Joy)!

    ReplyDelete