Thursday, February 18, 2016

Review: Tell Me You Want Me by Joya Ryan

Title: Tell Me You Want Me

Author: Joya Ryan

Synopsis:

She’s getting dirty with the bad boy…

Determined to find her inner badass and save her business, boutique owner Michelle Ruby signs up for a twenty-four hour survival class. Except, she’s the only person who registered, and the guide is a sex-on-a-stick G.I. Joe come to life. Between his massive muscles, smoldering blue eyes, and “there’s no crying in camping” attitude, she’s in trouble…in more ways than one.

Search and rescue squad member Dex Young never thought he’d be roped into teaching “survival skills” to pageant queens. His sole student is upper class, upper state, and sexy as hell. And he has a sneaking suspicion that beneath her tight updo and designer jeans, there’s a sex kitten waiting to claw her way out.

But Dex knows women like her. Knows they only bring guys like him home to piss off their daddies. If it’s the bad boy experience she wants, she’ll get it. And Dex? Well, he can’t wait to find out just how dirty Michelle’s willing to get…

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

Tell Me You Want Me was another good installment to Joya Ryan's Search and Seduce series! I enjoyed it almost as much as I did the first book in this series. When I first started reading, I didn't read the blurb and was kind of hoping that it was going to be about Natalie and Easton, but I'm actually happy that it was actually about Michelle and Dex instead. I really loved them A LOT.

The whole set-up and execution of this love story was flawless. The beginning scenes with Michelle taking the survival class that Dex was forced to teach was absolutely hilarious. She was so hopeless in her heels while trying to build shelter out of sticks. Lol. But I got to say I loved how determined she was and that is what made me love her as a character so much! The hero, Dex, took some warming up to. He was really judgmental at the beginning, but thankfully he wasn't a complete idiot and realized how wrong he was before it was too late especially since that was his only shortcoming.

I really loved the romance in this one. The way they would try to explain the sexual situations they got into by pretending it was "survival skills training" had me laughing out loud. It was really a highlight for me in this book.

The only issue I took with this book was with Dex's refusal to completely trust that Michelle wasn't some snobby rich girl just because she came from money. I get that he had some hangups, but you'd think that after everything that happens between the two of them he would not be so quick to jump to conclusions at the end but luckily he comes to his senses quickly.

Overall, I really loved this book a lot. It was another fun and steamy Brazen romance by one of my favorite romance authors and it has made me anxious for what Joya Ryan has in store for readers next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment