Thursday, February 11, 2016

Review: Say You're Mine by Diane Alberts

Title: Say You're Mine

Author: Diane Alberts

Synopsis:

She’s a challenge he can’t afford to lose…

Navy SEAL Steven Thomas has only ever been able to count on three things: waking up in the morning, going to sleep sometime during the night, and Lauren Brixton. She’s been his best friend since grade school, and what they have is the only relationship he’s managed not to ruin.

Until one drunken night puts that all in jeopardy.

Lauren’s watched Steven flit from one-night stand to one-night stand, seemingly not interested in something more. So when the long-ignored attraction between the two of them blows up in their faces, she does the only thing she can-she pretends she doesn’t want him. But all’s fair in love and war, and Steven’s not about to lose the only person in his life who matters…

***MY REVIEW***

4 out of 5 stars

This series is one of my all-time faves and as a result I actually expected more from this book. I was really excited for Steven and Lauren's story, but it just wasn't as amazing as I wanted to be. It was still a great read but it was missing the extra "oomph" that made me so obsessed with the previous books in this series.

I still liked this book regardless. Steven and Lauren were great characters and I'm so happy that they got their chance to attain their HEA. I love best friends to lovers romances and this one was a really good one but as I said already it was missing something to make me really love it. While I enjoyed the book and it made me happy because I really did love these two together, I was left wanting so much more from this story. So much more.

Anywho, I enjoyed this book overall and still think it was a good addition to this series even if it wasn't my favorite and I'm so happy that this author did not leave things between these two characters unresolved and gave them a nice HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment