Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review: Luck on the Line by Zoraida Cordova

Title: Luck on the Line

Author: Zoraida Cordova

Synopsis:

To turn her life around, she’ll have to stand the heat. To fulfill his dreams, he’ll have to get Lucky.

Despite her name, Lucky Pierce has always felt a little cursed. Refusing to settle for less or settle down, she changes jobs as often as she changes boyfriends. When her celebrity chef mother challenges her to finish something, Lucky agrees to help her launch Boston’s next hot restaurant, The Star. Even if it means working with the infuriating, egotistical, and undeniably sexy head chef.

James loves being known as Boston’s hottest bad boy in the kitchen, but if he wants to build a reputation as a serious chef, he has to make this restaurant work and keep his scandalous past out of the headlines. Getting involved with his boss’s spoiled, sharp-tongued daughter is definitely not on the menu.

As the launch of The Star looms and the tension and chemistry heat up in the kitchen, they’re going to need more than a little luck to keep everything from boiling over.

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

Luck on the Line was one of those books that I've seen round both online and stores that grabbed my attention but for some reason I never got around to reading it to now. But, hey, better late than never because I ended up loving this book even more than I though I already was going to.

Everything about this book worked for me. The heroine was both likable and unlikable if that makes any sense and that is what made me absolutely love her from the very first chapter. And then we had James who was too HOT, at least in my head he was and I couldn't get enough his character. Although, like Lucky he wasn't perfect and did things that made me frustrated, but he also made me swoon, so all was forgiven. Lol.

The romance at the center was pretty much perfect and developed in a way that built up the anticipation but also didn't leave us hanging for too long. The overall story was fun and interesting. All the things that these characters had to deal with while trying to get the restaurant ready was hilarious. I also really enjoyed all the drama in the book although there were a few characters involved in that drama that I wish would have just gone away a lot sooner.

Overall, I really loved this book. It was a really good new adult contemporary romance and I can see myself rereading it time and time again because I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment