Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: Boiling Point by Tessa Bailey

Title: Boiling Point

Author: Tessa Bailey

Synopsis:

Falling for a con man is the most dangerous game of all…

Con artist Austin Shaw’s been in disguise so long he’s not sure where his fake identities end and he begins. Now that he’s been strong-armed into working for a specialized undercover unit working with the Chicago police—criminals with unique “skills”—the last thing he needs is to risk his iron control. Especially when it comes to a certain stunningly sexy hacker who tempts him with every look of disdain.

Polly Banks will never, ever trust a con man. On the trail of a ruthless crook who destroyed the only family she’s ever known, Polly is unnerved by the shadow who follows her every move. The one who makes her pulse pound and breath short with lust. Austin. He’s infuriating, enigmatic, and pure sex appeal, and she’s determined to resist him.

But an untrustworthy man of disguise can become anyone he wants…including a man that Polly must trust if she’s to escape their dangerous game alive.

***MY REVIEW***

4 out of 5 stars

So while I did really enjoy this book a lot, it's actually my least favorite of the books in this series so far. I mean, this book was all kinds of hot, which is no surprise because steamy romances is what this author is the best at, but the overall story just didn't get to me the way that the other books in this series did.

I really loved Austin and Polly. They were intriguing characters and their romance was ridiculously hot, but it was lacking on the emotional front. I don't know how to exactly explain it, but their relationship just didn't give me life like the previous two couples in this series.

Then in regards to the overall plot, the stuff focused on their plan to bring down the con artist who had history with both Polly and Austin was actually really interesting and exciting and kept me reading, so that I find out how they were going to resolve everything. I also really like the new character introduced in this one, Henrik. He really got my attention and I'm really looking forward to reading about him in the future. But as much as I liked the story, I really wished that there was more of a focus on Austin's past because there were aspects of it that weren't resolved in a satisfactory way in my opinion.

Overall, I really liked this book. Even with some of my issues with it it was still a really enjoyable steamy romance and I can see myself rereading it time and time again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment