Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: Beauty and the Bachelor by Naima Simone

Title: Beauty and the Bachelor

Author: Naima Simone

Synopsis:

She may be the highest bidder, but this bachelor’s price is blackmail and passion…

Billionaire Lucas Oliver is hell bent on revenge. And his plan begins when Sydney Blake-the stunning daughter of his enemy-is tricked into bidding on Lucas at a bachelor auction. Then he serves up a little blackmail…followed by a marriage proposal Sydney has no choice but to accept.

Sydney has been controlled by her family her whole life. When Lucas threatens to reveal her father’s shady business, she is once again forced to do her duty for her family. But worse-oh so much worse-is the rush of lust that Lucas ignites in her blood.

Lucas is determined to make Sydney suffer, but it’s tough when he can’t keep from touching her-or thinking about touching her-all the time. She’s not fairing much better since she’s engaged to a darkly handsome beast intent on destroying her entire family…along with her heart.

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

Ever since reading The Millionaire Makeover a couple of months ago I've been itching to read another Naima Simone book and I am so happy that I finally read this book because I loved it even more than The Millionaire Makeover.

Lucas and Sydney were two fantastic characters and they grabbed my attention from the very first page and I was so hooked on their story that I neglected all my other responsibilities in order to read this book in one sitting. There is something about marriages in romances that really calls to me even if it is one that is forced by blackmail. Lol. But while the relationship began because Lucas was blackmailing Sydney because of something her father had done in the past, you can still believe that these two are really falling in love and the chemistry between the two of them was really off the charts. I loved them together so much!

In regards to the issues between Lucas and Sydney's father I really liked how it was resolved. At the end of the day both men had made some really big mistakes but they both acknowledged them and paid for them in different ways.

Overall, this book was absolutely fantastic! I really loved it and I can't wait to read more from Naima Simone's backlist as well as what's to come next in the Bachelor Auction series.

3 comments:

  1. I'VE GOT TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!!! I loved the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I read this one. It's just as amazing! Lucas is EVERYTHING!

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for this wonderful review, Samantha! I'm so delighted you enjoyed Beauty and the Bachelor! And marriage of convenience is my catnip, too. LOLOL!! Thank you again! <3

    ReplyDelete