Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Rambling Thoughts: My GR Ratings

On more than one of occasion, I've had fellow readers accuse me of being too lenient when I rate the books I've read on Goodreads because I give so many books 4 or 5 stars. But here's the thing, I'm actually not lenient. When I hate a book, I will let it be known that I don't like it as was the case with this one particular book I read last year, but over the years I have learned how to tell if a book is going to be perfect for me or not and as a result the probability that I'm going to love a book I'm currently reading is very high. Plus, I read mostly romance novels for my pure entertainment and rate books on Goodreads on how they make me feel. I don't see the point int taking apart an author's writing style, etc as long as it's not so atrocious that it effects my ability to become invested in the story and characters.

So with that said, I kind of take offense when someone says I'm too lenient with my ratings. I always give a book the rating I wholeheartedly believe the book deserves based on how I felt when I was reading it. Every book I have given a 4 or 5 star rating to has in my opinion deserved it. I'm not being nice because I don't want to give a book a low rating for whatever reason. I'm honest when it comes to all of my ratings and thoughts on books and just because I've learned how to tell if I'm going to enjoy a book beforehand does not mean otherwise.

Anyway, I apologize for the rant-y post but this something that has been on my mind for a while now and I needed to get it off of my chest. But with that said what are some of y'all's reasons for given books certain ratings?

*My Rambling Thoughts is a bi-weekly feature on this blog in which I vent, rant, and/or gush about bookish topics that are currently on my mind.*

No comments:

Post a Comment