Monday, February 1, 2016

ARC Review: Tycoon by Joanna Shupe

Title: Tycoon

Author: Joanna Shupe

Synopsis:

Sometimes the journey is more pleasurable than the destination...

In Gilded Age New York City, the bachelors of the Knickerbocker Club spend their days rubbing elbows with Manhattan's most elite citizens--and their nights with its most intoxicating women . . .

Standing on the platform at Grand Central Station, Ted Harper is surprised by a fiery kiss from an undeniably gorgeous damsel in distress. He's certain she's a swindler who's only after his money, but he's never met a woman so passionate and sure of herself. Disarmed, he invites her to spend the journey to St. Louis in his private car--perhaps against his better judgment . . .

Clara Dawson has long known how to take care of herself, but the savvy shop girl is at a loss when she witnesses--and becomes entangled in--a terrible crime. Desperation propels her into a stranger's arms at the train station, but she hadn't expected Ted to offer her the protection she so badly needs--nor did she expect their chemistry to develop more steam than the engine of the train. He's everything she never thought she could have, and she's everything he didn't know he wanted. But as her secrets begin to unfurl, their fledgling romance could be in danger of derailing before they arrive at the next station . . .

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Tycoon, the novella which kicks off Joanna Shupe's Knickerbocker Club series, was absolutely amazing! I don't see many romance set in the Gilded Age, but after reading this book I wish there were more books like this because this book was really so good and it was only a novella.

I really love the two characters in this novella. Ted and Clara really grabbed my attention, so much so that I couldn't stop thinking about them even after I was long done reading it. I really loved them together and really loved how the author brought them together. Everything happens super fast over the span of a few days, but it never felt rushed. What the pace did was drum up my excitement for everything that was happening in this book not only between Ted and Clara but also with everything that was happening to Clara since she witnessed a crime.

While I loved pretty much everything about this book the thing that I loved the most about it was how everything was resolved in the end and what Ted did to make sure that he and Clara got their happily ever after. It was so sweet and perfect and I just loved it so much!

Overall, I loved this book so much! Seriously, this book was spectacular and it's definitely a must read for historical romance fans in my opinion. While I had already loved Joanna Shupe from when I read The Courtesan Duchess last year, this is the book that has made her one of my top favorite historical romance authors and I can't wait to read what she has in store for us next in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment