Friday, January 22, 2016

Review: Tied to Trouble by Megan Erickson

Title: Tied To Trouble

Author: Megan Erickson

Synopsis:

A sexy new M/M romance from Entangled’s Brazen imprint…

Between love and hate, there’s a whole lot of trouble…

Chad Lake only showed up at his sister’s party for the free food, but when he spots an uptight nerd at the edge of the crowd, he can’t resist trying to ruffle the guy’s perfect bow tie and impeccable hair. The hottie’s ready for him, though, and in the end, it’s Chad who’s left wide-eyed, his ears still ringing with the filthy things Bow Tie whispered in his ear. No one gets the upper hand on Chad. Ever.

Owen Hawkins has heard all about the cocky Adonis from Chad’s sister—the same sister who holds Owen’s career advancement in her hands. He has every intention of steering clear of the other man…until Chad’s sexy taunts push him too far. There’s something intriguing about Chad, and even though Owen knows that getting tangled up with the infuriating man is trouble, he can’t seem to stay away…

***MY REVIEW***

4 out of 5 stars

This book had a lot of hype and for the most part it met my expectations. Chad and Owen's story was a really hot M/M romance and I really enjoyed it.

This book was definitely on par with the previous two books in this series in terms of the steaminess and the overall nerdiness that I love the most about this series, but unfortunately it fell short on getting me to become fully invested in the two main characters. And the worst part is that I can't really put my finger on the reason why I wasn't able to connect with them as much, I just couldn't. But that aside, their romance was super adorable and made me ridiculously happy especially after they worked out all their issues and attained their HEA.

But while Owen and Chad were adorable, the real highlight of this book for me was a scene towards the end that had nothing to do with them. This is kind of a SPOILER, so I suggest skipping to the end of the review if you hate spoilers but OMG this book had the most epic proposal scene ever! Seriously, what Austin did for Marley was so PERFECT and the way that everyone helped was just too wonderful.

Overall, I really liked this book! Tied to Trouble was another fun, steamy and oh so nerdy romance that I really love from this author and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment