Friday, January 22, 2016

Review: Dirty Deeds by Megan Erickson

Title: Dirty Deeds

Author: Megan Erickson

Synopsis:

Alex Dawn is saying no to men. No to bad relationships, disappointments, and smooth-talkers. Focusing on her family and her job at Payton and Sons Automotive keeps her mind occupied and her heart content. She doesn’t really miss a man’s touch, until one night, one shows up with the body of a god and a voice from her dirtiest dreams.

L.M. Spencer is only in Tory, Maryland, to scope out the town as a possible site for one of his company's hotels. The British businessman didn’t expect his car to break down or to find the hottest little American he’s ever seen holding a tire iron, piercing him with bright blue eyes.

They agree to one hot night, one dirty deed to burn out the chemistry between them. But from their first kiss, Alex can’t stop saying yes to this man. And when Spencer’s company threatens everything she cares about, they must make the choice to stand together or apart.

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

After learning about the horrible relationship that Alex was in in the previous book in this series, I was really looking forward to reading Dirty Deeds because I was dying for her to get her own HEA. And I go to say, I loved this book so much. Alex totally got the story I thought she deserved and so much more.

I really loved the main couple in this one. Obviously I had already loved Alex from before but this book made me love her so much more and she actually became my favorite heroine in this series. And then we have Spencer. The author made it pretty much impossible for me to not absolutely love him. I mean, come on, he's a British businessman. Anywho, these two made a great pair and I have no complaints about how their romance developed in this book. There was a perfect mix of cuteness, steaminess, and seriousness. And I just loved everything about it.

But romance aside, the thing I loved the most about this book was Alex and how she was able to stand up for herself and get over the emotional abuse she suffered in her past relationship. She has all these great men in her life now, Spencer, Brent, Cal, and Jack who would do anything to keep her safe but when it really came down to it she got shit done on her own and I really loved that about her.

Overall, I really loved this book. Dirty Deeds was another really great contemporary romance read from one of my favorite authors and I honestly cannot recommend this book and the others in this series enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment