Thursday, January 28, 2016

ARC Review: Can't Forget Her by Molly McLain

Title: Can't Forget Her

Author: Molly McLain

Synopsis:

Ryan Croft has three goals—enjoy his Tahoe vacation, figure out why the hell he’s so restless and, once and for all, forget about the woman who broke his heart nine years ago.

Rosemary Shaw has three goals, too—do the best job she can for her movie-star boss, settle into Hope Falls as quickly as possible and, at long last, come to terms with her past.

Running into each other after all this time? Not the plan. Feeling the same sizzle and spark after all this time? Not on the agenda, either, but since when does anything in life go as planned?

The chemistry between these former lovers is undeniable. Then again, so is the guilt and broken trust

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

Molly McLain's River Bend series is one of my favorite series ever! And this River Bend crossover with the Hope Falls series was so good.

In the River Bend series, Ryan was not one of the characters that I really thought much about and when I first learned he was going to be the hero of this book I actually had to ask the author to remind me who he was because I had completely forgotten. But despite the fact that I didn't pay much attention to him before, he actually was a really great character and I ended up really loving him so much in this book and I feel so bad about forgetting him before. I also loved the heroine of this book, Rosemary. She was a really likable character, but at the same time I was kind of annoyed with her for her reason for leaving River Bend and Ryan years before. But with that said I really liked how quickly she came clean with him in this book and going along with that I really liked Ryan's reaction when he learned the truth. If things would have gone even a little bit differently I might have ended up hating these character so thank the Lord that was not the case.

The romance like those of this author's other books was extremely sweet and I loved it. I really loved that these two characters didn't really have any intense or dire circumstances and situations trying to keep the two of them apart and as a result it was just a really nice story about these two characters reconnecting. And while we did have the issue of how they were going to attain their HEA because they lived in different states, I really loved how quickly that was resolved allowing these two characters to have the beautiful HEA they deserved.

But while I loved the characters and the romance in this book there was still something missing not allowing me to give this a 5 star rating like I gave the other River Bend books. And that thing was I needed more background about Ryan and Rosemary's romance from before. I feel like that would have added more substance to their romance and it would have made the HEA even more satisfying because it would have felt more like something that was a long time coming that these two worked for but sadly it was kind of lacking in that department and left me wanting so much more!

Overall, I really liked this book. It was a really adorable second chance romance and it's made me really want to read the other books in the Hope Falls world.

No comments:

Post a Comment