Sunday, January 17, 2016

Rambling Down the Book Hole (Jan '16) - Built Review


Title: Built

Author: Jay Crownover

Synopsis:

Sometimes a real hero lets you save yourself . . .

Sayer Cole and Zeb Fuller couldn’t be more different. She’s country club and fine-dining, he’s cell-block and sawdust. Sayer spends her days in litigation while Zeb spends his working with his hands. But none of that has stopped Zeb from wanting the stunning blonde since the moment he laid eyes on her—even if the reserved lawyer seems determinedly oblivious to his interest.

Sayer is certain the rough, hard, hot-as-hell Zeb could never want someone as closed off and restrained as she is, which is a shame because something tells her he might be the guy to finally melt her icy exterior. When he shows up at Sayer’s door needing her professional help, she’s both disappointed and relieved that she won’t get the chance to find out just how good he could be.

But as they team up to right a wrong and save a family, the steam created when fire and ice collide cannot be ignored.

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

Jay Crownover has done it again! This book was freaking amazing! I loved it so much that since I finished reading it I haven't been able to get it out of my head! Sayer and Zeb gave me so much life. I already liked them from what we saw of them in the Marked Men books but this book made me love them. So much that I actually loved them even more than I loved all of the Marked Men couples which is a lot.

But while the characters were undoubtably amazing what really got me when it came to this book was the overall story from the way their romance developed to the way that they tackled their individual problems. Talking about their individual problems, I especially liked the way Sayer dealt with hers. While Zeb did help her realize certain things about herself I loved that for the most part Sayer figured out her crap and dealt with it on her own for herself. Granted it took a while for her to get there but once she did it was so satisfying.

And like with all of Jay Crownover's books this book had an amazing romance at it's focus. It was hot, it was passionate, it was even a little bit heartbreaking, and in the end it was absolutely glorious. Like I've already said I loved the couples and the romances in this author's previous books but the romance in this book was by far the best, at least so far. Sayer and Zeb got under my skin more so than any of the other couples. I just loved them so much!

Overall, I absolutely adored this book! It was such a great start to a new series by the amazing Jay Crownover and I can't wait for all the goodness that's sure to come!

*****

Thanks for checking out my review and don't forget to check out Ashley's review for Built!

No comments:

Post a Comment