Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Top Five Book Boyfriends in Contemporary Romance

My BFF is always joking about how I have a harem of book boyfriends and recently it got me thinking about which ones I love the most. And good Lord figuring out which ones I love the most was one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. The only way I accomplished it was by separating my loves by sub-genre, which then gave me the idea to do a series of posts listing my faves in each romance sub-genre. So with that said, behold my top five book boyfriends in contemporary romance!

1. Remington Tate from the REAL series by Katy Evans. Remy was one of the first contemporary romance heroes that I really fell in love with when I first got hooked on the genre and to this day I'm still a little obsessed with his character. I mean how could I not be. He's an underground fighter with some serious baggage. That's like hero crack to me!

2. Cade Jackson from Rebel Love by Jodi Linton. My love for undercover cop Cade Jackson is so big that even the author knows how obsessed I am with him. And the best part about my love for him is that I can't exactly pinpoint exactly what makes me love his so much. Before I knew what was happening he got under my skin and there was nothing I could do about it. 

3. Daniel Chase from Line of Duty series by Tessa Bailey. I have read all of Tessa's books (I'm actually reading her most recent release now) and while all of her heroes are amazing the one I love the most will always be Daniel Chase. As a result, I re-read his book, Officer Off Limits, every few months because I just love the idiot so much and he just gets me every time.

4. Drew Callahan from One Week Girlfriend and Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy. Like Remy, Drew is one of the first heroes I fell in love with when I first started reading contemporary romance in 2013 and til this day I still can't get enough of him. One Week Girlfriend and Second Chance Boyfriend are books that I re-read over and over again because Drew is just perfect in all his imperfectness and I don't see him getting replaced on this list anytime soon because he's special.

5. Alec Stone from Make it Count by Megan Erickson. I love me some Alec Stone. He was the first hero of Megan's that I read and still is my all-time fave of the men she's created. While Megan has upped the nerdiness in her recent series, Gamers, Alec was the original nerd and as a result he will always hold a special place in my heart.

So what are some of y'all's favorite book boyfriends in contemporary romance?

1 comment:

  1. wonderful list !!! and thank you very much for rubbing it in my face that you got to Remington before me !!!!

    ReplyDelete