Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!!!

Now that it is officially 2016 I thought I should take a moment to look back at my year in books in 2015 as well as write a little bit of some of the stuff I'm planning for this year which is sure to be great.

First, let's review 2015.

In 2015, I managed to read 135 books! Given that I struggled to complete my 2014 challenge of 100 books, I'm quite proud of myself for being able to not only complete my 2015 reading challenge of 125 books but I surpassed it by 10 books which is really amazing.

Out of the 135 books I read in 2015 so many of them were amazing. I really had a good year reading wise but out of all of them these were the top 10 best books I read in all of 2015

1) Never Tear Us Apart by Monica Murphy. This book is not officially out for a few more days but I got to read an ARC of this and it really just blew me away making it my #1 top read of the year.

2) Delicious Complication by Sabrina Sol. This book was actually my original #1 read until I read Never Tear Us Apart in December. But while Delicious Complication is my #2 overall read of the year it is #1 favorite book featuring Latino characters especially since it features one of the most realistic portrayals of a Puerto Rican mama I've ever read.

3) Rebel Love by Jodi Linton. Like Never Tear Us Apart this book is actually not officially out for a few more days but I got to read an early copy of it. It was the first book by Jodi that I've read as well as the first MC romance I've ever read and now that I've read it I need more of both!

4) A Court of Thorns of Roses by Sarah J. Maas. It's a fantasy book inspired by Beauty and the Beast written by the author of Throne of Glass. Need I say any more? 

5) Playing With Fire by Alison Bliss. The heroine is a librarian and the hero is a cowboy AND a firefighter. Enough said.

6) In Search of Scandal by Susanne Lord. While this book is my #6 pick overall, this book is actually my #1 favorite historical romance of the year. 

7) Just Say Yes by Alyssa Goodnight. This book was such a quirky romance and it's one of those books that the more I think about it the more I love it. 

8) Dirty Talk by Megan Erickson. Anybody who knows me knows that I love Megan Erickson and her books more than life. I have given every single books that I have read by her a 5 star rating because they are just that good. But out of all of the amazing books that Megan released this year Dirty Talk was by far the best. 

9) I Do by A.J. Pine. This book was the third book and conclusion to one of my all-time favorite NA series. Out of all the romance books I've read, this is the book that takes the cake when it comes to the perfect HEA. Like, seriously, Amy delivered not one, not two, but four perfect HEAs. By the time I finished this book I was a puddle of happiness.

10) Her Backup Boyfriend by Ashlee Mallory. You know that super cute romance that just makes you feel good. That's Her Back-Up Boyfriend. 

*****

Now let's look ahead to 2016.

For 2016 I am challenging myself to read 125 books again. I was thinking of making it 150 but I've decided I should first see how I do during the first few months of 2016 and if I'm doing good I will increase it, but for now I'm keeping it at 125 just in case I slip into one of my book slumps.

On the blog this year, I'm still going to be doing my usual reviews, "Waiting on Wednesday" posts, cover reveals and typical blog tour stuff to help promote my favorite authors. I will also be continuing my online blogger book club that Ashley over on the Falling Down the Book Hole and I started because I had a lot of fun with it in December even though my busy schedule tried to get in the way of me doing the posts for it.

And as for new features, this year I will be doing two new types of posts. The first is a feature that I'm tentatively calling "My Rambling Thoughts". These post are going to be bi-weekly and are going to be my space to rant, vent, and gush about different books, authors and bookish topics. As of right now my only way to ramble about books in that way is on Twitter and their 140 character limit is really restrictive so now I will have more room to really unload my bookish thoughts. The second type of post I'm doing is basically I'm going to finally deliver on promise to share list of my favorite things book related (book boyfriend, themes, tropes, etc...). I was originally going to just participate in "Top Ten Tuesdays" but I don't always like the topics they chose for a week so instead I'm going to do a monthly list about a topic that I like. I really love lists and rambling about books about books so these posts are going to be a lot of fun for me and I can't wait to share.

As of right now it looks like 2016 is going to be an even better reading year for me than 2015 was. There are so many great books I'm looking forward to reading this year and I hope y'all will join me as I discover them.

No comments:

Post a Comment