Monday, January 4, 2016

ARC Review: Reckless by Kimberly Kincaid

Title: Reckless

Author: Kimberly Kincaid

Synopsis:

SOMEONE’S BOUND TO GET BURNED…

Zoe Westin may be a fire captain’s daughter, but feeding the people in her hometown of Fairview is her number one priority. Running a soup kitchen is also the perfect way to prove to her dad that helping people doesn’t always mean risking life and limb. But when she's saddled with a gorgeous firefighter doing community service after yet another daredevil stunt, the kitchen has never been so hot.

Alex Donovan thrives on adrenaline, and stirring a pot of soup doesn’t exactly qualify. He’s not an expert at following the rules either, not even when they come from the stubborn, sexy daughter of the man who's not only his boss, but his mentor. Determined to show Zoe that not every risk ends in catastrophe, Alex challenges her both in the kitchen and out. One reckless step leads to another, but will falling for each other be a risk worth taking, or will it just get them burned?

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

Kimberly Kincaid is another one of those authors who I keep hearing other people rave about, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about when I was given a chance to read Reckless, the first book in her new Rescue Squad series, and I got to say all the praise I've heard for her books is well deserved because Reckless was a really good romance.

I absolutely loved Zoe and Alex's story. They are complete opposites with Alex being a reckless firefighter who is always getting in and out of trouble and Zoe being the good, playing it safe chef who wants to avoid heartache, but somehow they were couple that I could really root for. Despite all their differences they were so perfect for each other and really made each other better throughout the book.

What I especially loved about this book was the way it focused on the problems that both characters had to deal with in their personal lives without getting to heavy or having some crazy drastic plot surrounding the romance. I also really liked how the secondary characters were portrayed in the book. Although they weren't the main characters, they still really grabbed my attention getting me excited for future books in this series.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, romantic read and a great start to a series. I can't wait to read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment